Saturday, January 23, 2016

A Standing Ovulation

C'mon Jess, it's been AGES since you put anything on this blog. You gotta post something, man! 

Wait wait, how about this?



Hey, you said post something.

Anyway! As you can probably tell, I don't have a lot to say video game-wise at the moment. Console manufacturers have been patching exploits left and right with new firmware, meaning that the next time I update my 3DS, the IronFall hack and all the nifty emulators I've been running with it will go bye-bye. I'll also lose the TN-V exploit that lets me play PSP games on my Vitae, but it's been weeks since I powered up the handheld and months since I booted the Playstation TV, so I guess that's not such a big deal.

I dunno. I'm just weary of the exploit/patch cat and mouse game, and I'm thiiiis close to giving up on it completely. On the plus side, now that I've installed the DirectX files it was missing, that RCA Cambio I reviewed earlier runs games better than you'd have a right to expect from a $130 laptop. 2D games are almost invariably a slam dunk, and it can run PSP titles at full speed and demanding Dreamcast games like Dead or Alive 2 at a respectable 40 frames per second. Between that, the new Android phone ($20? Damn, I love the future...), and all my older systems, I should be set for gaming for some time to come. Now I just have to pick something to play, rather than sitting around on my butt scribbling dumb comics in Miiverse.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess, this is Eduardo, from Opcode Games. Have been trying to contact you... :)

    ReplyDelete