Friday, April 3, 2020

Scratching that Switch

I don't regret this. But I may rue and lament it.



Last month, I briefly considered buying a Switch Lite from Wal-Mart, but car troubles put a screeching halt to those plans. This month, with the world at a near standstill and me bubbling over with nervous, potentially destructive energy, I bought a Switch Lite that popped up on ShopGoodwill. This Switch Lite, to be specific. 

Did I need it? Not really. Would a Fisher-Price yellow be my first choice of color? Certainly not. Does Nintendo deserve my patronage after taking my loyalty and wiping its ass with it like so much hoarded toilet paper? Not in the least. None of that matters, because I am bored and worried and I need something to do with my fingers aside from sticking them in my mouth to chew my fingernails, because that's exactly what people tell you not to do during a pandemic. (Holy shit is this year horrible.)

Also, this was the only Switch I could find online that was anywhere near its retail price... you can't find them in stores, and the people who do have them have been flipping them online at a significant markup. At $230 with shipping and tax, it still took a wrecking ball to my bank account, but if that much discussed stimulus check gets here by the middle of the month, I should be fine. If it doesn't, I might become one of those jerks trying to scalp a Switch online.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's about how much I ended up paying for my Switch Lite. Well, before shipping, that was kind of a hefty hit to my Coronacheck. If I ever got the standard Switch, I'd probably use the Lite as my "away mission," Switch, as I don't forsee myself taking it apart in public. Well, not that such would be going on anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hey, a brother from another fandom! Thanks for reading!

      Being fairly miserly, I wanted to actually SAVE money on a Switch Lite. I'm pretty sure I would have had that chance if I purchased one before this COVID-19 mess, but who had the money then?

      Delete