Tuesday, February 13, 2018

A Zon I Am

My apologies for the lack of updates... I've been in a creative funk lately. It's hard to write about video games when you can't even work up the interest to play them, after all. 

Speaking of a lack of interest, I'm thinking of cutting the Besties series short, as my readers haven't shown as much enthusiasm about my history as a console collector as I'd hoped. Heck, I'm even starting to put myself to sleep with all this rambling. Maybe I'll post just one more article, bringing the chronicle up to the current decade, then move on to more fertile ground.

Anyhoo. Not much has been happening since the last post. I recently broke down and bought an Amazon Fire 8 HD, because my Nexus 7 is ready to be put into retirement. It can't hold a charge and it can't hold a wi-fi signal... it probably couldn't even hold its bladder, if it had one. I'll keep this Nexus 7 around for emergencies, but it's nevertheless clear that its best days are long behind it.

Quizzically, the Fire 8 is slightly less powerful than the tablet I bought four years ago, but the price was right and the reviews have been encouraging, so I think I can live with the slight drop in clock speed and RAM. We'll find out in a couple of days once it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment