Friday, June 12, 2020

What am I Writing FOOOOR?!


Sorry I haven't been around in a while... I'm kind of dealing with an existential crisis. What is my place in the gaming community? Do I even have one, or is peoples' grim tolerance of me starting to slide into contempt? Is anyone actually reading this shit, or am I just talking to myself? Am I really a good writer, or have I just been deluding myself into believing that for the last eight years? And on and on it goes. I'll spare you further drama, but I'm going to have to find some answers to these questions before I can fully commit myself to a blog that may ultimately be wasted effort.

Anyway. The Playstation 5 was recently revealed by Sony. It looks like a futuristic vagina. Nintendo is holding a sale on hundreds of games for the Switch and 3DS. You should probably get some of them while they're reasonably priced. Itch.io is selling a bundle with over a thousand games, and you should get that, because it's cheap and it's for a good cause. That is all.

2 comments:

  1. As a non-active non-member of any gaming community, I love reading your stuff. Your RSS feed will always have a place in my news reader. Getting feedback is tough these days with most folks doing YouTube instead of reading. But we're out here. :)

    Futuristic vagina? L will never look at the PS5 in the same way again. The design is... interesting to say the least. At least it doesn't look like a Foreman Grill like the PS3 did, but imagine it will cost at least as much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do appreciate the encouragement, really. Occasionally you need a reminder that what you're doing is important to somebody. Thanks.

      Cracked had a whole bunch of different descriptors for the PS5, ranging from "A fleshlight designed by Steve Jobs" to "a router you thought looked cool but only got 1 1/2 stars on Amazon." My favorite was "the PS5 knock-off you would find on Wish.com if Sony hadn't beaten them to it."

      Delete