Thursday, June 25, 2020

Super Splash Bros

So, you've probably heard by now that Disney will be changing Splash Mountain (aka the flume ride that makes you look like you wet your pants) so that it includes the stars of The Princess and the Frog, rather than the stars of that other Disney film nobody likes to discuss. Suits me just fine... I've never been to any of the Disney parks, and I don't have much attachment to a problematic film from the 1940s the company's kept buried for at least thirty years. 

(I do have The Princess and the Frog on Blu-Ray, and found it to be pleasant enough, especially the part where the guy who looks like Arsenio Hall and sounds like Goliath from Gargoyles gets dragged down to hell. In his defense, I probably would have squashed that annoying lightning bug, too. But I digress.)

What was my point? Oh yes. My only request for the new and improved Splash Mountain is that they keep letting people mug for the camera that takes their snapshot at the end of the ride. We've seen some memorable hijinx from Disney's treasured guests in the past, including this quartet of gamers who just couldn't wait to get back to their hotel room to play Smash Bros.

And Smash Bros. Melee, no less!
Talk about a wave dash.
(image from... IGN? Well, whatever.)
Now that I think about it, Universal has its own theme park, which will be getting a Super Nintendo Land exhibit sometime in the future. Maybe they could make their own flume ride called Smash Mountain, and install playable Switches into every log. Waterproofed ones, naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment