Monday, April 30, 2018

Brick Wall

Hell if I can think of anything to talk about right now.

I will say this. If I weren't so creatively constipated, I'd seriously consider making my own video game. I've done it before, and now that there are development tools for the Sega Genesis, I'd love to tackle that format next. I don't think I'd be able to make anything as amazing as this fan-designed port of the original Darius, but it would be nice to take a stab at game design again.


And oh yeah, I might cave and get a Raspberry Pi after years of being urged to go in that direction. I didn't want to, honestly, but I've got some credit over at Google Express and I can't think of anything better to get with it. The Super Retrocade I bought last month isn't doing it for me... I just can't get used to the limited controller selection and the iffy performance in some games. Why you're stuck with the pack-in joypads and a handful of random, mostly lackluster controllers when there are USB ports built right into the unit is a mystery for the ages. Whatever the explanation, I'm just not satisfied with what the system is offering, and there haven't been any hacks to broaden its horizons. I must move to more fertile ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment