Saturday, June 25, 2016

A Glimpse of Greatness...?

You remember that Playstation 4? Well, I got it working, using a trick I found on the iFixit web site. It's one of those odd folk remedies that you can't believe actually works, yet it does... for maybe an hour. Then the system shuts right back off, possibly in the middle of a lengthy download. Evidently this is a common problem for this system, and without the cash to get it properly repaired I'm just going to have to live with it.

Then again, I could just play games on my PC, and with the Steam Summer sale in full swing it'd be a good time for it. Hundreds of games are currently discounted, and will remain so until July 4th, America's Independence Day (as opposed to June 24th, which is now Great Britain's "Oh God what have we DOOOONE?!" day). I'm personally thinking about Dark Souls, as it includes all the DLC content and with the right patch, offers higher quality torture than its Xbox 360 counterpart.

What else? Mighty No. 9, as predicted by pundits months ago, turned out kinda crappy. It's getting average ratings across the board, with reviewers claiming that the game feels half-hearted and unpolished. Hey, what did you expect for four million dollars? On the plus side... actually, I'm not feeling very plus side right now. I'd better stop for the day before I go full Morton's with my saltiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment