Friday, March 18, 2016

St. Patrick's Day II: The Unsnake-ening

Happy Day-after-Saint-Patrick's-Day, folks! The editors of Dual Pixels have dug up what they claim to be a prototype of the controller for the upcoming NX game system. Let's take a look, shall we?


I'm sorry you had to see that.

I don't know what that thing is, but I'm desperately hoping it won't come within a hundred feet of Nintendo's next game system. It's got an off-putting zeerusty look that reminds me of an appliance you'd see on a Pan-Am flight in the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. Beyond that, I don't see the purpose of a screen that swallows the front of the unit when your thumbs are going to be blocking the edges of the display. I'd like to believe this is a hoax, but then again I'd like to believe Donald Trump won't be our next president. I'm going to need concrete evidence before I can rest easy.

In better news, Sony is having a Flash sale this week, chock full 'o games you're probably going to want at prices you'll probably be able to afford. How's Castlevania Chronicles for $1.50 strike you? Or a variety of Prince of Persia titles for less than two bucks a pop? If that sounds tempting to you (and it sure does me), you'll want to swing by CheapAssGamer for more details and links to the sales.

Oh yeah, one other thing. Someone asked me how to turn Ocarina of Time 3D into a backdoor for 3DS homebrew, so don't be surprised if I go into more detail about that in a later post. Unless Nintendo blocks the exploit first, I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment