Wednesday, November 23, 2022

The Social Nyet-Work

You may have noticed that I no longer have a presence on Twitter. I put the blame solely on family jewels fondler and hair plugs enthusiast Elon "The Worst Life-Savers Ever" Musk. As you may already know, he recently purchased the social network for $44 billion dollars, then immediately went to work insulting users, firing key staff, making sweet love to himself, and kissing the ample posterior of the guy who was banned from Twitter for, uh... (leafs through notes) attempting to overthrow the United States government. I mean, it was only one government! It wasn't like he was trying to take over the WORLD, right?

One is a stable genius, the other
nearly got hanged.
(image from AllMovie)

Now look, I'm sure people are going to tell me that Elon Musk did me a favor, chasing me out of a site that's been steadily going downhill for the last six years. The thing is, I was on Twitter for fourteen years, and still have fond memories of the place. Where else could you talk directly to famous actors, politicians, and even writers from The Simpsons without being served a restraining order? It was also a fantastic source of breaking news, at least until the little Dutch boy came along to plug that flow of useful information with the finger he previously had lodged in his ass. Just look at the front page now! It's wall to wall Elon Musk! He's turned the place into a $44 billion dollar fan site!

So I'm done with Twitter, at least until it gets fumigated for self-worshipping  billionaires. Either that or the whole house of cards collapses under the crushing weight of Captain Apartheid's ego, which is more likely. "Gee, I thought the site was supposed to fall apart a couple weeks after I bought it!," Elon sneered mockingly. Just give it some time, you termite. You've fired so many engineers and scared away so many advertisers with your childish behavior that this hollowed out husk of a social media giant is probably being held together with Scotch tape, exploited immigrant labor, and crossed fingers. 

Where can you find me instead? Well, right here on Blogger, same as always. I also have a presence at Cohost, and may re-open my Tumblr account if I get desperate for interaction. Sticking to your principles is noble, but it doesn't help much when the pangs of social media withdrawal leave you chewing your nails down to the quick.

Also, in case I was too subtle about this earlier, fuck Elon Musk. Like, a whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment