Monday, July 29, 2024

Ex-XBox

 

Somehow I get the feeling that was supposed to happen. Not being able to access the Xbox 360 marketplace, I mean. I just didn't think it was going to happen so soon. At the stroke of midnight? That is coldblooded, Microsoft. Reminds me of when Miiverse died precisely on the hour promised by Nintendo.

But channo, I feel like I squeezed all I could out of the Xbox 360 at this point. I'm just grateful that the bulk of its library is available, either directly or as remakes, on the Series S. There's a whole lotta gaming to be had on the Xbox Series... the library isn't as massive as Steam's, but compared to past game systems, there is an almost titanic selection of games, stretched across twenty years and four generations of consoles. (And that's not counting all the collections of games for systems released decades before the first Xbox!) There's always room for improvement, but really, you weren't getting this breadth of choice in the 1980s and 1990s.

No comments:

Post a Comment