Wednesday, October 14, 2020

A Def-Defying Stunt

Pardon my absence. I've been spending a lot of my free time capturing screenshots and laying out pages for the Neo-Geo book, currently titled Squirrel Burger Cookout: A '90s Kid's Guide to Big Neo-Geo Gaming on an Itty Bitty Budget. Unfortunately, the next chapter I'll be working on is... King of the Monsters.

Okay, wrong Neo-Geo game, but it fits. In fact, this was the first Neo-Geo game, so early that it doesn't even have the famous Pro Gear Spec boot screen. I wonder if there are any others like this?

Anyway. I'm just writing to let you know that someone's working on a plug-in for the Playstation Vita which significantly increases the resolution of PSP games. Normally they output on the Vita at their native 480x272 resolution, but GePatch hopes to change this, sharpening their visuals with four times the pixels. You might want to stick with emulation for your high-def PSP gaming fix, though, as GePatch is very early and won't work, or works poorly, with the more demanding titles in the system's library. Thanks to Wololo for the scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment