Wednesday, December 6, 2017

You Can't Always Get What You Want...

...and sometimes, you'll wonder why you wanted it in the first place. This happened to me a few days ago, when I found a set of three broken PSPs on the Shopgoodwill web site. One of the systems was an E1000, the European exclusive known informally as the PSP Street. It's got an unfortunate combination of added girth and trimmed down features that make it one of the least desired models of Sony's handheld. On the other hand, it's said to have a better screen than the PSP-3000, and it's got an indescribable appeal to a fan like myself who won't have many opportunities to find this particular version... a je ne sais crap, if you will.

I wanted a PSP Street badly enough that I was willing to take a chance on this junker... you know, win the auction for a modest price and fix whatever problems it had. At least, that was the plan, until the bidding shot up to fifty six dollars, dumping a bucket of cold water on my burning desire for the system. I could buy lots of things for that price... things that work right out of the box! Besides, I've already got two working PSPs, and those grapes were probably sour anyway. So I let this opportunity slip by me, in the hope that another would eventually present itself.

My latest in a long line of white whales.
Which is actually black, but you get the idea.
(image from Geek.com)
In the meantime, I've got plenty of things I can use to occupy my time. Like the old Nook I found at a brick and mortar Goodwill (some assembly required), or the Moto I bought to replace my aging phone, or any one of a number of game consoles I hacked and subsequently abandoned. I swear, if my attention span were any shorter, I'd- SQUIRREL!

No comments:

Post a Comment