Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May the Heat Stroke Be with You

I'd say something snarky about this year's Geek-O De Mayo, but I'm too busy trying not to melt. Curse you, Arizona weather! (shakes fist feebly at the sun that's trying to kill him)

Anyway! There's a wide assortment of games on sale for the Xbox 360 in honor of Star Wars day, including many which don't necessarily have anything to do with Star Wars. You'll find more information on StoreParser, which is fast replacing XBLDB as my Microsoft sales tracker of choice. Of special interest to me are Hydro Thunder Hurricane, which I've already purchased, and Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions, which cleverly casts voice actors from past Spiderman cartoons as different interpretations of the character. Shattered Dimensions is a little costly at ten dollars, but it's almost worth it just to hear Dan Gilvezan (of Spiderman and His Amazing Friends fame) play the webhead again.

Speaking of the Xbox, I'm fast running out of space on that hard drive I dropped into it last year and am thinking about slipping into something more spacious. I've found 320GB drives on eBay for as little as $30, but I'm nevertheless hesitant because it's money I don't really need to spend, and I'm not sure I use the system often enough to justify the purchase. Beyond that, buying these on eBay is a crap shoot, because not all of them are official Microsoft products... and the ones that aren't won't play classic Xbox games. I guess I'll have to mull it over. Provided I don't burst into flames first.

Okay, I guess that's it. You can go back to doing whatever it was you were doing... I'll just be here sitting in front of my computer in my underwear, panting like a dog whose owner forgot to roll down the window a crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment